Thursday 7 July 2011

Metatrader 4 C++ DLL Coding

I have finally managed to teach myself, with help from various online sources including this very helpful forum thread, how to code a C++ DLL for the Metatrader 4 trading platform. As practise I have coded a simple moving average indicator using a recursive algorithm, the code for which I make freely available as a PDF download on the Dekalog website here.

Now that I have learned this I can begin, as I had hoped I would be able to, to "drag and drop" my C++ .oct functions into the Metatrader platform for testing and trading using live intraday forex data.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, do you do any custom programming. If so, how can we reach you?

Dekalog said...

All the programming I have done up to now has been for my own benefit, and since I am not a professional programmer I would be reluctant to offer my services as a custom programmer. The code I have written works for me, but I could not guarantee that any custom code I write would work for anyone who requests it.